UPDATE: Added a couple of screenshotes.
UPDATE: A few clarifications :
- The invasion will happen every 2 - 3 hours.
- You will be given sandbags or barricades to be placed at a strategic point in the city.
- Before you start batteling the Elementals make sure u get a totem from one of the Earthen Ring Defenders. These are used to free trapped citizens / players.
- You have to close all the rifts and save all the citizens within an hour to succesfully defend against the invasion.
Sweet Felpuppies, things are going fast ! I had just finished writing up on phase 3 last night, when MMO-Champion announced the 4th phase going live already !
Blizzard sure is ramping things up. I'll just have to see how i can keep up with the current stream of news. In the coming weeks before the Cataclysm i will probably be writing less myself, instead i'll be pointing you to interesting posts around the Netherwebs, about what's to come.
But first : The Elemental Invasion continues !
I will give you a quick recap of Phase 3, no point in posting the while thing now that Phase 4 is live, but it could still be useful to some of you who haven't done the quests yet.
Phase 3 Recap
5 new quests were introduced with Phase 3. 4 of them concerning the Cultist activity and 1 of them sent you off to Outland to talk to Gavan Greyfeather, the new leader of the Dwarven Shaman.
Cultist Quests: Stormwind on Lockdown !
Of to Outland :
Phase 4: We're under attack !
Elementals are attacking the cities ! During an Elemental attack:
- Whatever you do, stay calm
- Make sure you're not standing in fire
- If you're playing a low level character, i suggest you take one of the portals out of the city, else you will probably get killed.. several times
- Deploy sandbags to help bolster the city's defenses.
Two cities are under attack, each by two different types of Elementals:
- Stormwind is under attack of Wind and Water Elementals
- Ironforge is under attack of Earth and Fire Elementals
- Grand Ambassador Flamelash in BRD
- Crown Princess Theradras in Maraudon
- Kai'ju Gahz'rilla in Zul'Farrak
- Prince Sarsarun in AQ20
Twilight Bosses Loot
|251||Shield||Melee||Off Hand||Barrier of the Earth Princess|
|251||Plate||Heal||Waist||Girdle of Oblation|
|251||Plate||Melee||Wrist||Twilight Offering Bands|
|251||Physical DPS||Legs||Sacrificial Mail|
|251||Leather||Physical DPS||Chest||Pulmonary Casing|
|251||Cloth||Heal||Chest||Earth Bride's Gown|
|251||Cloth||Physical DPS||Back||Cloak of Mocking Winds|
|251||Cloth||Spell DPS||Back||Zaetar's Deathshroud|
|251||Cloth||Spell DPS||Feet||Sandfury Sandals|
|251||Finger||Melee||Finger||Old Gods' Blessing|
|251||Finger||Physical DPS||Finger||Sulfuron's Favor|
|251||Finger||Spell DPS||Finger||Ring of the Three-Headed Beast|
|251||Neck||Heal||Neck||Pendant of Burning Spirits|
|251||Neck||Physical DPS||Neck||Amulet of the Centauri|
|251||Neck||Spell DPS||Neck||Amulet of Evil Winds|
Have fun defending your cities from the Elemental Onslaught !